Benefits of ADA Compliant Doors
If you own a business, when was the last time you checked the condition of your entry doors? Catering to your customer base is essential for safety, especially when you consider the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Under this legislation, business owners are required by law to remove barriers that may prohibit those in wheelchairs from entering or exiting commercial spaces.
Becoming an ADA-compliant business is easy, and keeping your entryways up to code has its fair share of benefits for independent restaurants, hotels, retail stores and beyond.
Does My Building Have ADA Compliant Doors?
ADA guidelines set the standards for doorway installations. If your commercial space was built after January 26, 1992, your entry doors must abide by a series of rules that indicate installations are accessible. Some notable signs that your entry doors may already be ADA compliant include the following:
- Entry doors open at least 32 inches wide (when the door is in a 90-degree position).
- Current installation openings are a minimum of 80 inches tall.
- There is a 10-inch clear surface on the push side of the door.
- Handles and hardware are fewer than 48 inches from the ground.
- Doors require less than 5 pounds of force to open.
Why Are Automatic Doors Important for Your Company?
Automatic doors create a welcoming environment for the general public. You get the satisfaction of knowing your business is open to everyone, and entering your commercial space becomes as easy as interacting with a motion sensor. ADA compliant doors are:
- Sanitary: High-traffic locations like airports, grocery stores and shopping malls rely on ADA doors to reduce the spread of germs. With thousands of people entering in a single day, eliminating door handles is a great way to protect staff and guests.
- Energy-efficient: When you install automatic doors, you never have to worry about customers leaving the door cracked after entering. An automatic ADA door shuts itself completely with each cycle, helping you save money on monthly energy bills.
- Convenient: Your customers may be shopping with children, pets and heavy items. Families no longer have to juggle personal belongings while they attempt to operate a door handle.
- Versatility: Automatic doors are used in various settings, including shopping malls, grocery stores, hotels, nursing homes, apartment complexes, and similar settings.
Contact OL Door Systems To Install ADA Doors
If your commercial space lies within Saint Paul, Minneapolis, Edina or a surrounding town in Minnesota, OL Door Systems is here to install ADA compliant doors for your business. Our technicians undergo thorough training to receive certification from the American Association of Automatic Door Manufacturers.
Give us a call at 612-623-1817 or contact us online for more information.